2014 Formula 290 SS
2014 FORMULA 290 SUN SPORT - 185 HOURS
2014 FORMULA 290 SUN SPORT SS – 380 HP w/SeaCore Bravo III
Always dry-stored 29′ Sun Sport with powered by an 8.2 MAG 380 hp with SeaCore Bravo IIIx drive. All white with a factory liquid silver liner and non-skid, paired with black dash panels panels – a must see. 10K upgrade from Formula factory. True Understated luxury. Screened Cabin Door, Charcoal wood interior, Anthracite Corian, Porcelain head, Captain’s Call Thru-Hull side Exhaust and Silver Canvas (Bimini + Cockpit Cover). Drive-by-Wire DTS Digital Throttle. Aft Facing Lounger Converts to Flat Sun pad.
The 290 Sun Sport is like an Aston Martin V12 on the water – it emulates luxury and attention to details. And just as a luxury car like that of the V12 Vantage or a 599 GTB, the manufacturing process of a Formula 290 is over 3 weeks where no detail has been overlooked in fit, finish, or performance.
For the last several years Formula has been creating their new models for the 21st century and this year Formula targeted its efforts on the 290. Every inch of this boat has been redesigned and retooled from the keel up. The 290 Sun Sport replaces the old 280.
Designed for Big Water
First of all she has a 22-degree deadrise, slightly deeper than the old model, and just two-degrees away from the 24-degrees that is found on the best offshore race boats. Two degrees may not seem like much, but when it comes to high-speed rides in a stiff chop, it makes a big difference. The other reason that Formula chose to go with the deep-V is because many of their customers use their boats in “blue water.” So one can have the biggest sports yacht on the lake, or a high-performance– and comfortable — sportboat on saltwater.
- Mercruiser 8.2 MAG ECT DTS 380-hp
- Bravo IIIx SeaCore 2.0 Outdrive
- SmartCraft VesselView
- Liquid Silver Cockpit + Non-skid
- Black Dash Panels
- Captain’s Call Side Exhaust
- Charcoal Wood Interior
- Anthracite Interior Corian
- Porcelain Head
- Cockpit Cover, Silver
- Bimini Top, Silver
- AM/FM Stereo
Stairs adjacent to the helm lead up to the 290 Sun Sport’s stainless-steel-framed walkthrough windshield. On the bow, there are rails on each side, plus two pull-up cleats and an anchor locker.
A sliding hatch opens the 290 Sun Sport’s cabin. Below decks there is a V-shaped Ultraleather dinette lounge around a table that lowers to convert the area into a berth. There are two overhead deck hatches, and the entertainment center is equipped with a Clarion AM/FM/CD stereo with iPod and USB port, Bluetooth, two speakers, and a hanging locker.
The cabin sole
is finished in a Charcoal color wood as well as for the for the table and entertainment center. The countertop is Corian. The molded private head compartment comes with a porcelain toilet, a vanity with a sink in a Corian counter and a mirror.
At the 290 Sun Sport’s helm, the captain and a companion sit side-by-side on seats that adjust individually and have fold-up bolsters. The dash is available in two dark finishes that help reduce glare. The boat comes standard with a Ritchie compass, a digital depthsounder and instruments and controls from Livorsi Marine. The leather-wrapped steering wheel tilts, and accessory switches are positioned on each side of it. Just ahead of the shifts and throttles, the Bennett trim tab switches have built-in position indicators. For entertainment, there’s a remote control for the stereo, which has an iPod/MP3 port, plus a 12-volt plug and two USB charging ports.
Formula was one of the first manufacturers to utilize an aft-facing lounge, and the 290 Sun Sport has one that converts to a flat sun pad. It has fender storage in the base of the seat. The boat comes with an integrated swim platform that has a concealed boarding ladder, LED lights and dockside utility connections to starboard. There are pull-up cleats on each side of the stern positioned well for cross-tying in a slip.
To port, a passageway that closes with a stainless-steel gate leads from the stern into the 290 Sun Sport’s cockpit. The primary seating in the cockpit is in a lounge that wraps around to starboard. Outboard to starboard, there are storage trays plus stainless steel cup holders and grabrails. There’s a socket in the deck for a portable table that turns this area into a booth or lowers, so the area can be filled with a cushion. Formula provides storage and dedicated space for an Igloo 17 ½-quart (17-L) in the base of the seats. Across from the lounge, the color-coordinated wet bar comes with a sink, Corian countertop, 30-quart (28-L) Igloo cooler, and a trash container.
Just ahead of the wet bar to port is a lounge where a single passenger can recline while facing aft, or two people can sit facing inboard. Two of the on-board 12 stainless-steel cup holders are forward to port, and there’s storage in the base of the seat. Between this seat and the helm, there’s an in-floor ski locker as well.
|Engine Brand||Mercruiser 8.2 MAG ECT DTS|
|Drive type||Bravo IIIx DTS SeaCore|
|Engine power||380 HP|
|Deadrise||22° at Transom|
|Dry Weight||8,950 lbs|
|Fresh water tank||21 Gallons|
|Fuel tank||122 Gallons|
|Holding tank||23 Gallons|
Well laid out Sundancer filled with standard options and features.
Hull & Deck
• NMMA Yacht/CE Certification • Transferable 5-Year Formula Guard® Limited Protection Plan w/10-year Structural Warranty (USA only)• Ashland MaxguardTM LE gelcoat in White or Soft White• Imron® standard graphic in A, B or C • Pressure-treated Perma PanelTM structural hull matrix w/foam-filled hull cavities • Chemically bonded & thru-bolted deck-to-hull joint • Heavy-duty PVC gunwale w/stainless insert • Concealed fiberglass anchor locker• 316L bow rail• Stainless hardware & 316L welded rails• Stainless Formula logo-cast cleats (6), fuel fill, polished engine vent trim, polished Bomar® deck venting hatches w/screens (2) & port lights w/screens (2) • Continuous tinted, tempered curved-glass windshield w/stainless top frame, center walk-thru & windshield wiper• Electric horn • 316L stainless transom grab rail & tow eye• Clarion® waterproof transom-mounted stereo control • Starboard transom trunk storage & two fenders• Integrated swim platform w/concealed stainless swim ladder • Transom shower
• Continuous molded deck & cockpit liner• Molded deck access steps w/316L stainless handrail• Molded fiberglass dash in Gray or Morning Sand w/Liquid Black panels, Ritchie® compass, digital depth sounder, Livorsi® illuminated instrumentation, domed w/chrome bezels, illuminated waterproof accessory rocker switches w/E-T-A® circuit breakers, 12V auxiliary outlet, tilt wheel in leather wrapped stainless & lockable under-dash storage compartment• Livorsi chromed shifts/throttles w/in-handle outdrive trim switch • Safety ignition tethers, traim/trailer switches & Bennett tab switches w/indicators• Waterproof dash-mounted stereo control, four 61/2? speakers w/200W stereo amplification, polished stainless grilles & iPod/MP3 port• 12 polished stainless drink holders• Cockpit/swim platform blue/white LED?courtesy lights w/remote control• Weather-resistant cockpit seating featuring PreFixx® coating, Tenara® element-resistant thread, DriFast® foam & StarLite® XL synthetic marine panel construction • Dual position helm & companion seats• Port & U-shaped aft lounge seating w/integrated storage & 171/2-quart Igloo® cooler• Color-coordinated dual-height cockpit table w/Corian® top, filler cushion & four polished drink holders• Aft-facing sun lounge w/storage below – converts to full-length sunpad• Color-coordinated molded wetbar w/integrated sink, Corian countertop, 30-quart Igloo cooler, trash container & integral 316L safety rail• Demand water system w/21-gallon capacity• Fire extinguisher• Disconnect switches for aux & start batteries• Battery parallel emergency switch• Stainless transom gate • All-weather cockpit cover in color-coordinated non-fading Sunbrella® fabric w/SeamarkTM vinyl undercoating – over windsheild
• Sliding/locking cabin door • Light Cherry or Baltic Birch woodgrain-finish flooring throughout cabin• Solid wood cabin entry step • UltraleatherTM U-shaped forward dinette lounge/double berth w/high-gloss, Bourbon Cherry, Ash or Wenge wood table & filler cushion• Custom décor pillows & draperies• Entertainment center in high-gloss Bourbon Cherry, Ash or Wenge finish w/hanging locker, drink holders, full Corian countertop & fire extinguisher• Clarion® AM/FM/CD stereo w/iPod/USB port & two 61/2? speakers • Subscription-ready SiriusTM Satellite Radio• Molded head compartment w/porcelain head unit, 23-gallon holding tank & dockside pumpout, molded vanity, sink w/faucet, mirror, Corian counter top & Light Cherry or Baltic Birch woodgrain-finish flooring • Carbon monoxide detector
Boats International is proud to offer NEWCOAST Financial Services to our customers. While some use their own banks or credit unions for finance, many of our clients new and old find comfort in using NEWCOAST as they offer:
- Quick approvals
- Competitive rates
- A Simple application process
- No-hassle closings
- Unsurpassed marine industry knowledge
- Personalized customer service
- Terms up to 20 years